Monday, July 21, 2008

So much to catch up on!

This week was kind of a busy knitting week & a mini vacation all at once. I decided to make another hat and came up with a fun swirly hat that gives a nice visual from the top when you keep continuing in pattern through the decreases.

Spiral hat

Spiral hat

I also started some handwarmers to go along with the bare beanie and I really, really hope I have enough yarn.

Bare Handwarmers

When we went to Chicago, we went to the Field Museum and of course I had map quested some close LYS. Found Loopy was the closest & E didn't complain at all and even seemed to enjoy looking through the yarn with me. I grabbed some blue 220, and then some green & orange alpaca. My rule is that I have to get something I haven't tried before, so the alpaca was it. I started to feel guilty but didn't. It's been awhile since I've splurged on something new. The orange is becoming the diagonal rib scarf from the Misti Alpaca site and the green will be a matching hat (here's to hoping I have enough for what I want to do!)

Cascade Blue Heathers

Diagonal Rib Scarf

Green Misty Alpaca

No comments: