Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's blocking!

I've finished the test knit and it's blocking. Now I'm trying to decide what exactly to work on next. It was kind of nice to have a little break and not think about my current WIPs that aren't going anywhere.

The Gerda Stole is still in time out, well, I guess I'm the one in time out, it's not done anything wrong. The scarf I designed is sitting, waiting on another try while I try to figure out how you can F up something repeatedly that you designed yourself (the pattern is sound, I've had other eyes peep it for me). My jaywalker socks are still sitting in their bag not getting knit. I'm not sure why I'm having such a problem with that pattern. I'm very tempted to frog and just make myself some happy plain socks. I hate the kfb at the beginning of a needle for some reason, so they're just sitting, not getting done.

I wanted to go to open knit at my LYS today, but E informed me that I was mistaken about which day he had to go in early, so I just got up with him and started the day's housework. I wish the little elves would do it while I sleep, but so far they've been strangely absent.

I dyed some yarn with the girl last night to make wee sock key chains for the people participating in my Rav group's swap. Once it gets dry and I can wind it, I think I'll start on those. Seems to be some pretty instant gratification (even if the yarn is less than perfect, it was dyed with the love of an 8 year old).

Bubble Gum Dyed

I will get up some pictures somewhat soon. I'm not sure why, but I currently don't know where the camera is and my counter isn't nearly cleaned up enough to take things in there in the good light to photograph. Hopefully I'll get around to doing that tonight.

No comments: