Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Cardigan and I just didn't get along.


WIP1 Plath Cardigan
Originally uploaded by Emmjae
I really, really, really wish that Ravelry had a Blog this! function in the notebook. I think it would keep me blogging much easier than doing it like this. I'm just that lazy, you know?



I started working on the Plath cardigan and let's just say we have a mutual separation going on. While the finished product is gorgeous (not mine, the designers) there are just things I wish I'd known because I probably wouldn't have purchased the pattern. It's just not going to fit me right without me totally redoing the pattern myself and keeping the designers stitch pattern (which I already changed). Things weren't explained all that well on page, and we all have our preferences for how a pattern is written, but I think there were some basic key points that were missing and hopefully since the pattern is in use now on Rav there will be some good feedback for her to update. It'll eventually get made, for me, I hope, once I get some yarn I don't totally and utterly despise. Freakin mauve?!? I have no idea what in the hell I was thinking. Scarf, hat, maybe. Enough knit to cover my chest? No f'n way!

1 comment:

jordynn said...

Hi--I'm sorry the pattern didn't work out. I'd really appreciate your feedback, since I'm still new at writing patterns!