Monday, March 12, 2007

And on to the current projects

Now I'm working on slippers. I found a pattern here and since I'm afraid of double pointed needles, I was happy to find a two needle version that would seam up nicely.
So I dug into the stash for some of last years left over red heart and set about making a test model. Although my guage was right, something somewhere went a little wrong. I ended up with a cute looking little shoe, but definitely not the size or stretchiness it was supposed to be.


I didn't seam it up all the way, but you get the general idea. Somehow mine ended up looking like a colorful wooden shoe.

So I decided to use some different yarn (Yarn Bee Soft Delight Fushia), knit a little more loosely, and use 9s instead of 8s. So far it's looking like it's going to be one comfy slipper for someone. Hopefully it will be for me instead of my daughter.

I'm also going to make this when I can afford the yarn for it. I love the green and it looks so comfy!

My mother in law requested a sweater from Hip Knits for her birthday (September), so once she picks her colors and I have the money, I will definitely be starting that. It uses a super bulky yarn, so hopefully the hardest part will just be understanding the pattern. I really like the garments in the book, but I'm really not fond of the way they are displayed. All the patterns are written in a paragraph form and I'm a line by line girl. Give me the stats and I'll go for it. No need for rewording or making a pattern look like literature... it should look like some cryptic math.

And lastly, a birthday present (May) for Ember. I have the plans all drawn out and the math finished, I just need to purchase the yarn and a longer circular needle.


No comments: