Friday, September 12, 2008

I've just lost steam

This week, E was off work and we took this wonderful time to clean house. And I really do mean clean house. I think I've sorted through and washed every article of clothing my children own, gone through every toy that they own, and nearly everything else in our home. Ok, so we didn't hit our room, but that happened not too long ago and it just needs a good clean up at the moment. The boy's 6th birthday is today, and his party is tomorrow so the living room and the kitchen got a good thorough cleaning as well, ok, they aren't quite finished but they will be before anyone gets here. That takes me to the knitting, or well, lack of. I am just so freakin tired of the cardigan that I just can't do it right now. It looks fabulous, it fits, but I'm I just can't bear to work on it anymore. I have other projects to do, a ton in fact, and I also wanted to make some stockings for Christmas. There's so much to knit and just not enough time. And the fact that I don't have a job yet makes me anxious (no extra for the income yet) and happy (means I still have time to knit!).

  • I think the Cardi goes on the back burner, I'll deal with it when I crave it again.
  • The firefighter socks are coming along delightfully. The 9" circ is fabulous with the exception of the join not being as 'perfect' as I've heard. Perhaps I have a funny one or I just have a differing opinion of perfect. Either way I knit quickly enough on them that any negative is outweighed by such a huge positive.
  • I received some ultra alpaca from a Ravelry destash and I'm very excited to make myself a scarf and hat set, but I think that has to wait until I do....
  • The kids hats and scarves. They picked out yarn awhile ago and I just haven't even started. I do also need to find my 12" size 7 circ. It seems to be missing though it shouldn't be far.
  • I also want to make L a skinny bias knit scarf from the red and turq brown sheep yarn
  • I want to get at least one stocking done (I really want 2) before Christmas, but I don't know what yarn (blend or acrylic, they do have to go in storage
  • And I've decided that I'm going to ask for gift certificates for the holidays from KP, TLE, and my LYS, Sheep's Clothing. We usually get GC for the holidays within the family, so it's nice to pick where to. I could really use to stock up on some cascade, and I would like some lace.

No comments: