Sunday, September 07, 2008

I really did get the body done!

I got the body done on my Plath Cardigan . Looks like it's going to fit and all that fun stuff, so my next thing to tackle is the sleeves. I can't honestly say I'm a fan of sleeves. Like to wear them, don't care so much about making them. Shamefully I still have to go and hunt down all my harmony needles and I'm hoping that perhaps my sz 6 12" will help me out because all I have are metal dpns in size 6 (well I have Brittany's but the dog incident, you know) and it's just too slick and heavy for the metal. In the meantime, I've started crocheting Mason an Octopus.

Generally I can't say I've done much besides blankets and scarves. Tunisian crochet scarves were a staple while I lived with my mom and I really only learned that because I wanted to learn how to knit so badly. I've always wanted to learn how to do all the fun amigurumi creatures but figured it was well past my crochet knowledge. Come to find out the Octopus pattern is nothing I don't already know how to do, and in my usual style I still found it necessary to alter. I'm just too damn lazy to figure out how to seam something in crochet and still have it be aesthetically pleasing. (Are there seaming methods in crochet?) I have 7 more legs to go and then "Squiddy" (as Mason has named his Octo) will be all ready to go.

I also started making Erik socks on the Hiya Hiya 9" circs. I like it but I'm also torn because my crampy little fingers get a little grumpy and I've already dropped two stitches (immediately picked up, no worries). It will be interesting and in the long run I do think it will be beneficial to getting them done in a timely manner vs doing them on circs. The man just has ginormous feet.

Pics to come, right now I'm trying to clean house and have a massive overhaul of the kids' rooms. They have too much crap and we have a birthday party in 6 days.

Ok, here's the pictures I owe:
Cardigan:


Squiddy:
Mason's Squiddy

Socks:
Erik's Firefighter Sock

No comments: